Tuesday, February 2, 2021

What Magical Thing?

 


The groundhog says six more weeks of winter.  Or, as my friend told me this morning, six more weeks of quilting.  (Thanks, Diana!)  There is sunshine today, and snow.

A prompt for today:  What magical thing could I add to my to-do list day?

Not much prompting required here.  Going to the nursery to look for plants. All those plants in lovely colors, everywhere. Hanging baskets, herbs, perennials with their promise of the future, annuals with their color all summer. Roses.  And fertilizer and potting soil. Loading them in my way-back. People wearing their masks. That would be my magical thing.

And another magical thing, it's already on my planner.  A trip to the zoo, two weeks after my second Covid vaccine.  Maybe even with a grand or two, maybe just me.  To see early spring plantings, because the zoo is also a botanical garden.  To ride the train, because it never gets old.  To eat soft serve ice cream, maybe they still have it in blue.  To see, Fiona the little hippo, who as a premmie needed the nurses from Cincinnati Children's Hospital to put an iv drip in those little veins.

And thinking of soft serve, a trip to a local little ice cream store in a small, small town by the Ohio River.  Flavored soft serves, a different kind every week.  Picnic tables under trees.  And, if I need stamps, a tiny post office around the corner.  Never crowded.

This morning, when I walked into the room, it seemed strange to not see the star quilt on my quilter.  Because, guess what, it's quilted.  Now just the binding to go.

No comments: