Tuesday, February 25, 2020

States


On my recent Asheville trip, I found a wonderful sweatshirt for 75% off.  The style was right and the price was right!

For today, another state added.  There is a special election in my district to fill a vacated spot.  I'll be surprised if many people show up to vote.  And I was surprised at the language of a promotion left at my door from one of the candidates.  Definitely not my candidate.

Wonder who came up with those voting stickers.  They are handed out like a precious thing and people seem to love to get them.  I know I do.  

I also dropped off a couple of cakes for my church's Community Meal this evening.  I always plan to bake something really special and always default to a cake mix.  Sometimes, like today, with icing from a tub.  That strawberry cake smelled really good, though.

It's Fat Tuesday.  I wish I had ordered a king cake for myself and a few friends, but I didn't.  Lent kind of surprised me this year.

No comments: