Monday, December 19, 2016

That Sign


This sign started at a Mennonite church in Harrisonburg, Virginia.  It's been appearing at other churches and homes since then.  You can read the NPR story here.  And thanks to one of my church members, I now have my own sign.  (If you want one, the story tells how to download a file.)  

I've been wondering what to do that is positive.  I have an idea or two, and this sign is a start.  It seems that the election negativity just goes on and on.  The recent special session by the North Carolina legislature hurts my heart.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, look it up.  Politics at its worst, no collaboration there.

Saturday, ah, Saturday, was a blessed day.  After cold weather, it was suddenly warm for just that one day.  Sixty degrees.  I went outside a lot.  Including to the post office.  The post office is an amazing place this time of year.  There were no parking spaces left, so I parked in the Family Dollar lot across the street.  I did do a little shopping there, that's only fair.  People in line at the post office were in a good mood, no one showed any outward signs of grumpiness.

Then yesterday, it was back to cold again, but that's ok.  We did have that one glorious day.  And it is December.  

Today, there will be another trip to the post office.  I can carry just so much at one time.

No comments: