Saturday, December 24, 2016

Downtown Day


Yesterday we went downtown for that wonderful pre-Christmas day.  We saw Santa at Macy's and got another picture in the progression of Santa pictures.  It's always the same Santa, that's how we know it's the real one.  Other people must know that too, because the line was long.


And then to the top of Carew Tower, for a look all around.  When we got back down, we went to Hathaway's for lunch, and it was crowded, even though it was mid-afternoon by then.  Carew Tower is wonderfully Art Deco.


And then, in the late afternoon, on the other side of the river, we saw Rogue One.  I have trouble following the Star Wars movies, but the kids and their mom loved it.

The grands stayed with me for a sleepover, and they went to bed earlier than in any other previous sleepover.  They are still there now, while I'm taking a break from mixing bread and making applesauce.  I am hoping hard that even though my yeast is a few months out of date that it will be ok since it's been in the refrigerator.

I have really tried to talk myself out of the cold that seems to be everywhere, but I do have it.  As long as it doesn't get any worse, I will be fine. 

No comments: