Monday, March 28, 2016

Hot Cross Buns


I have two hot cross buns left from Easter dinner.  I wish I'd taken a picture of the big box from Graeter's.  There were many boxes and bags of Easter orders, not as many as Christmas, but lots of people make those orders part of their Easter tradition.  And my store is one of many around the Cincinnati area.  I especially liked seeing the cakes . . . fabulous.

Still, there is something ever so nice about a yellow cake mixed by my grand girl with Easter eggs scattered over the chocolate icing. 

I admired the grands' candy egg haul  On Saturday night, they went to an egg hunt with flashlights.  Really nice, because it extends the fun of the egg hunt for kids who are a little older.  Aaron was a bit puzzled by a prize in one of his eggs - a coupon for a sub sandwich from a local shop.  He considered that a prize for an adult.

I woke up briefly to a thunderstorm in the night.  Very nice.  This morning the warm temperatures from yesterday have been blown away, leaving a crisp feel with low humidity.


No comments: