Monday, January 11, 2016

Quilt Top


I don't remember when I signed up for the Home Sweet Home Craftsy class, or when I bought the quilt kit.  Three years ago, maybe?  And now, this weekend, I actually put together the quilt top.  The fabrics are Kona, very nice, and there are big blocks for different kinds of free motion.  I'll stitch in the ditch around the blocks then take my time with the free motion.  I won't use all the designs used in the class but instead refer to designs from various classes.  This is a long-term kind of thing.  You won't be seeing it again for awhile.

Ah, January.  Snow and cold.  No yard work, so there's extra sewing time.  I always enjoy that.  More house cleaning time.  I don't enjoy that, but I do like an uncluttered look.  Shiny surfaces. 

I wimped out on driving to church yesterday.  I remember from other years that the road crews are less apt to be working on a Sunday morning.  Last year I saw an overturned pickup and a smashed car on the big road as a result of the ice on the road.

I am going to try really hard to not complain about winter.  Enjoy the season and whatever comes my way.




No comments: