Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cake Rack


I didn't choose the right lunch at Findlay Market today.  There wasn't anything wrong with it, it just didn't taste quite like I wanted it to taste.  And that is quite fine, because I think that sometimes it's important to try something different, to not just order the familiar.  You can do that at McDonald's or any other number of places.

But I really, really got the right dessert at the Cake Rack.  This beautiful scone, fresh, light, just the right amount of sweetness.  Soft raisins.  

This shop is outside the main market building, and they have a great-looking breakfast menu as well as desserts that are just SO pretty.  Nice seating area.  Art on the walls.

Goal for the year:  go to Findlay Market more often.  Not just for the scones, for the happiness.  My favorite staple there is a carton of brown eggs.  I can buy those at the grocery, but there's something about remembering when I got those beautiful eggs at the market.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

We have a "farm supply" store right behind the corporate grocery where I shop
and I like to go in and buy a dozen brown eggs there--when I feel like eating eggs
They have large, extra large and extra extra large. Also double yolks.
And the yolks are deeply colored.

I always worry about little chickens in the eggs. That would be terrible.