Friday, January 23, 2015

Paczki Donuts

I wish I had a picture, but it's too late!  Maybe next year!

I had an errand in Clifton this morning and stopped at Graeter's on the way back.  They have wonderful daily soups, posted on the door.  Broccoli cheddar, yum!, was on for today.

I got that, but there was also one Black Raspberry Paczki donut left.  These are a seasonal thing, and by Lent they will be gone until next year.  I've been doing great with cutting down on sugar and carbs, but these feel like a once-a-year celebration so I got one and enjoyed most of it.  Every bit as good as last year.

And, they are taking orders for King Cakes.  If King Cakes are coming, spring can't be all that far behind.  

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I'm with you on the soup--always good broccoli cheddar--and taking advantage of a GREAT donut is a very good thing,

We had King Cake only once at a party and I got the piece with the baby. I think they did it on purpose because I was new to the group and the person with the baby had to have the party the next year.

Well, by then my husband had gotten a new job. so I just got the baby. Is it good luck or bad???