Sunday, January 19, 2014

Loaves of Bread


This morning I got a phone called from Aaron.  "Gran B, I can't wait to come to your house tonight."  Well, Aaron, I can't wait either. 

In preparation for dinner, I made oatmeal bread from the More With Less cookbook.  My mother bought me that cookbook, and she has been gone for a long time, maybe 25 years ago, I'm not good with dates.  The oatmeal bread is by far my favorite recipe in the book, and I've made it over and over again.  Probably hundreds of loaves.

Aaron also informed me that he is bringing applesauce made in the crockpot.  With apples, sugar, cinnamon, and water.  His kindergarten class made it around Thanksgiving and he was impressed with the process.  That boy is a lover of homemade applesauce.

We're also having roast pork, scalloped potatoes, cooked carrots, brownies.  Tomorrow is a day off school to celebrate Martin Luther King Day, so there will be a sleepover too.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Want to share the recipe for that bread?