Thursday, January 9, 2014

January's Gift


This Christmas I seriously ran up against a wall in getting my holiday sewing completed.  I love, love handmade gifts and enjoy making them, but I ran out of both time and energy.  So, one of my goals this year is to make a gift every month.  It can be big, it can be small, but when the holidays come around next year I want to be able to pull things out of a tote and wrap them prettily.  With ribbon.

And, I figure that if I show them now the recipients will have forgotten all about them by next Christmas, if they even read this blog.  So, here is my January project,which photographed pretty yellow when there is in fact lots of pale green.  It is made with 1 1/2 charm packs of Bernatex's Basically Holidays, no special piecing, just nice fabrics and close organic quilting.  A lap quilt for throwing over a sofa.

This is big enough that it actually won't go in the tote but will be carefully stored wrapped around a pool noodle so it will be uncreased when the wrapping-and-ribbon time comes.



No comments: