Thursday, October 10, 2013

This Time - Five Hundred Miles Only


This time I'm really going to do it.  I'm going to keep track of the number of miles I walk in my good running shoes. 

No walking until I can feel that there is nothing left of the shoe and my back hurts and my feet feel worn.  No walking until I go into the store and the clerk tells me that what I'm wearing is three styles ago.  No wearing my good walking shoes to the grocery store.

There's just something in me that believes that when I spend that much for a pair of shoes they should last for years.  Even when I go out and pound hard on pavement.  And I do, I strike really hard with my heels.  There's just something in me that doesn't believe that shoes should only be worn 500 miles.  I just need to get past that.

So, this time I'm going to keep track and when I get to 500 miles, this pair of shoes will be retired to very casual wear, grocery shopping and wearing to meetings.  And I'll go back to the store.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I'm with you on that. I wear my shoes to the nub. Then I'm amazed at how GOOD the new shoes feel.

My daughter couldn't run without shin splints and bone spurs--I sent her to the Running store to be fitted for shoes--running 3 to 4 miles and no pain. And she's running slow. Not beating the pavement. Makes a difference.