Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Coke Truck

Yesterday was a work day for me, and I looked outside to see this Coke semi at the Family Dollar across the street.  Now surely there was lots of Diet Coke in there.

This morning my goal is to put the hanging sleeve and binding on a tee shirt quilt I've been making.  The sleeve will be part of a skirt the young woman wore, complete with ribbons and lace.  Probably the fanciest sleeve I'll ever put on a quilt.  I had the idea just last night of using the skirt for the sleeve - I'd hoped to incorporate it somewhere but the fabric is light and I couldn't figure out where to get it in the quilt.

I'm always a little surprised at how a quilt takes on a life of its own, how it tells me things, how the next step comes along as it should.  How ideas that don't seem to come from my head suddenly appear there.  I know that some people plan a quilt carefully before they begin, know just how it will look.  I have a feeling that most art quilters aren't like that.   

1 comment:

david said...

The Coke Truck is an iconic symbol of the Coca-Cola brand, bringing joy and refreshment wherever it goes. Wondershare Gutschein Its vibrant red color and illuminated logo, the truck captures the spirit of happiness.