Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cincinnati River Swim

Sunday morning, with the temperature around 44 degrees, some brave souls swam across the Ohio River and back.  One of my young friends was doing the swim, and I went to take pictures for her.  There was quite a bit of fog coming off the river, and the race was delayed a little to give the fog a chance to clear out.  Then the swimmers assembled on the Cincinnati side of the river and kyakers and a Coast Guard boat took their places in the water.

The fastest swimmer finished in about 13 minutes and the slowest took about an hour.  I was watching someone at the very back of the pack who was doing an inverted breast stroke, consequently making slow progress - I hope that person was able to finish.  I always root for the turtle.

No comments: