Saturday, July 21, 2012

Early Morning River

This is an afternoon picture of the Ohio River, and right now it's morning, but you get the idea.  I headed down to the river to take pictures of a young friend who was very excited about a swim across the river and back.  Yesterday we had lots of rain, the river bacteria level rose, and she arrived to find that the event was cancelled.  Tomorrow she will be in a triathalon that includes a river swim but it's along one bank, not across.  Hopefully the bacteria level will have fallen by then.

So, instead of swimming and photographing, we walked to the Pepper Pod, a long-time local restaurant open 24 hours.  Best known, probably, for its after-bar food in the early morning hours.  It was a lovely delicious breakfast.  I will be happy if the health department is able to successfully promote a no-smoking restaurant ban, but it looks like that won't happen on this side of the river anytime soon.  I can't smell all that well, but I feel like my tee shirt smells like smoke.

I found it hard to get up and out that early on a Saturday morning, but it feels good to have done about 45 minutes of walking plus a relaxing breakfast.  Now to work on my baby quilt. 

No comments: