Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spring Reveal


Tomorrow is the first day of summer.  I actually forgot that it wasn't already here.  So many days of temps in the upper 80's and 90's.

The last day of the season is the day to reveal a 12" x 12" quilt for that season, which means that today is the spring reveal.  You'll see mine above.

I started with a pretty conventional spring scene, tulips, blades of grass, green shoots unfurling,  When spring comes, we celebrate the first of all these and love each one.  I always picture several months of new growth, moderate temperatures, the end of the dark and cold.

My quilt represents the shift that occurs several times during spring, the displacement of the "perfect."  The cold comes back.  There are rainy days when we don't get a good look at the garden.  And all too soon, it's downright hot and we worry about our new plantings.  Through the shifts, though, we appreciate the colors, the newness, the growth.

Yay for spring, my favorite season for one more day, because it seems as if my favorite season is always the one we're in.  And, I'm wishing you a happy summer.

Check out Joanne's spring reveal, which will happen some time today.  www.jsuley.blogspot.com 

No comments: