Saturday, June 16, 2012

Half Finished

I don't use my embroidery machine a whole lot these days, especially not for embroidery.  There is an Anita Goodesign collection, though, that I bring out at least once or twice a year.  It's called Seeing Double and is a reversible table topper, with quilting being part of the embroidery.

Last year I couldn't find enough 4th of July fabrics to stitch it out, but there seem to be more this year.  The embroidery goes fairly quickly, although it does require a certain amount of "babysitting," cutting and lining up.  I have half the panels finished, red on one side, blue on the other.  The finished project is pretty large, so I reduced this one by 90%.

With these warm days, I've decided to experiment and try just air conditioning the main floor and using exhaust fans on the top floor of my Cape Cod.  We'll see if this is more efficient.  With this arrangement, upstairs sewing is more comfortable in the early morning hours.  Now I'm about to water outside.  My rain barrel is empty now, but has been nice for watering most of the week.

 

No comments: