Friday, December 3, 2010

Cutwork Angel

Last night I pulled up to Lowe's garden center and got 8 bags of top soil for weight in the back of the truck. I've been meaning to do it for the past week, and snow in the forecast for the weekend provided the incentive I needed. I'm so grateful to have it done. One of these days I'll have a little red Subaru or at least a rear wheel drive vehicle, but for now the little truck just keeps rolling along.

The angel is Viking's free design for December (see their website.) Linen and cutwork. Lots of stitches, but no color changes, water soluble stabilizer. The gold is nice, but I almost wish I'd done it in blue instead.

Last night I made Christmas brownies with peppermint patties and dark chocolate. Not much sugar or flour. Very yummy and I'm happy to have them in my freezer. This weekend I'm hoping to make a lasagna and freeze that. The first year of working retail I learned well - do things ahead of time.

Tonight I'm meeting friends in Bellevue for their Christmas walk. We'll be visiting the gallery where my quilt guild has a show and other stores and galleries as well. Hope we have time to stop at the bead shop, but dinner sounds even better.

No comments: