Sunday, August 31, 2008

Humbled by a Three-Year-Old

Today's postcard - trying out machine applique stitches. I like the simple stitch on the ribbon best.

Last night Nora and Aaron came over while Steph and Mike (and Tina and Bridget) went to see the Bodies Exhibit at the Museum Center. I had a new coloring book for Nora that included a few "Which One Is Different?" pages, which Nora loves.

These pages were hard. Nora and I spent a long time looking for the different one below and she stuck with it when I was ready to give up. And after several minutes she spotted that monster C didn't have "spider webs" between his fingers. (Click for a larger view.) I'm completely humbled since she could find this and I couldn't.

Aaron loves to try to get away with climbing my steps, and that gave him a chance to try out his new and favorite word. He'd climb up three steps, stop, and say, "Uh Oh" and sit there grinning, waiting for Nora or I to say, "Uh, oh, we'd better get him." I love to watch the humor development in little ones, and enjoyed his game a lot, at least for the first fifteen times.

No comments: