Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Take It Further Challenge for August

Today's postcard - machine embroidery on sheer silk between water-soluble stabilizer

The theme for the August Take It Further challenge is "Balance." (I know, you haven't seen July's Half Way Point yet, but it's coming.) I've decided to make a four-patch with the silk over cotton, with each patch being similar to the postcard above. The balance will be between the strong cotton batting and the gorgeous but less-sturdy embroidered silk. With beads, of course.

Below you'll find a welcome sight - summer squash. The yellow squash are my favorite summer vegetable, with green zucchini right behind. Won't be long now.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the postcard. Maybe you could share your preparation of those squash? I like squash but don't know how to prepare - fresh.
Janice

Jane said...

Wow, I love the card too ( giggle-giggle)! Thank you Connie!