Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 74

Today's postcard

Friday means Friday Fill-Ins. Here we go.

1. You know you're old when your footwear shows it. No high heels, no flip flops, nothing too pointy. Sigh.

2. My heart is divided between the mountains and the beach. It used to be the beach, hands down, but now I love both.

3. Sleep is what I need right now. Could be need for sleep goes under # 1, you know your're old when . . .

4. I have felt the joy of birth, I have known the depths of grief. It's all part of this lovely life.

5. Gah, won't those people turn down their car stereos. I like most music, but I might not like yours right now. I might be trying to sleep, see # 3.

6. Go outside as soon as you can. (At least if you're in my northern hemisphere.) Winter will be here all too soon.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to bed with a book. I'm of for the library - it's been awhile. Tomorrow my plans include working 9 - 5, and Sunday I want to go to church, then look around Hyde Park.

Happy weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hope you find a good book at the library -- I was there on the way home and found a couple good reads (I hope at least)

Janet said...

Since I live in flip flops all summer (and part of spring & fall) I guess I'm not old yet! Yippee!!!

Hope you had a great weekend, thanks for playing :-)