Thursday, August 28, 2008

What On Earth?

Today's postcard. Instead of fusing the leaves, I stitched around them, and the results were more dimensional.

Back to yesterday's thought - in my recent bookstore ramblings (thanks, Steph, for the Barnes and Noble gift card) I brought home this book

and this darling little book, too.

And I have these patterns, recently acquired but as of yet unused.

What has gotten into me? I can barely remember the last time I actually sewed anything. It's been quilts all the way, and art quilts at that. My sewing machine is constantly being changed from feed teeth up to feed teeth down and I'm always changing between the all-purpose B foot to the open toe stippling foot.
Why now this attraction to real sewing? It's not like I even have enough time for the quilting. But sew I will, and maybe I'll learn what all this means. Or, maybe I'll remember why I left it in the first place. Probably thirty years ago.




No comments: