Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 86

Today's postcard

Friday Fill-Ins. Here we go, answers in bold.

1. Dancing to the silly tv kid songs while watching the grandkids makes me all kinds of happy. It's the only kind of dancing I ever really do, I'm not much of a dancer, never have been.

2. The last time I knitted I nearly finished the scarf. (It was red, really pretty yarn.) I enjoy the zen-ness of knitting, love pretty yarns, but never really get into it. When the weather gets cooler, I'll be looking for that red scarf again.

3. While I drive I really try to watch for motorcycles. Other than that, I try to make my drive to work a spiritual connection time, think about things I'm grateful for that day.

4. I saw a bear standing on the trail with two cubs last time I was hiking in the Smokies. It was my first bear sighting. Not too close. There were hikers who stayed really close - what were they thinking?

5. Give me fresh summer produce (thanks for the peaches, Bridget,) give me mountain hikes, give me beach sunsets.

6. Next week I'm looking forward to having Saturday off. I work every other Saturday so the one I have off is always a treat. And I do enjoy the Saturdays I work since the rhythm is a little different than the other days.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a little time with the book I'm reading, The Other Boleyn Girl, tomorrow my plans include working, and Sunday, I want to enjoy the day, whatever comes up.

Happy weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hows that Boylein book? Do give a breif review!

Janet said...

oh my, a bear & her cubs! Kinda scary...

Thanks for playing :-)