Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 85

Time for Friday Fill-Ins

1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was at the Lucky Otter in Asheville. Followed by a walk to the ice cream store, which has a tiny deck tucked out back. The Lucky Otter is my favorite Asheville restaurant, small with fairly healthy choices. Always a good place to people-watch, there was a softball team last time I was there.

2. Rodents, up close and personal, are something I detest. Thanks again to Mike for fixing the squirrel entrance.

3. The full moon may bring crazy times, I don't know, but I love the references to them, maybe even the craziness.

4. Get you a plate is one of my favorite local expressions, more so in Berea than here. It seems to have two meanings - (1) to get a plateful to food at a dinner or potluck, and (2) to load up a plateful of food to take home.

5. Sometimes it's best to learn to not take things too personally. I believe that many times cruel words really aren't all about us, but reflect the experiences the person has had that day or that week.

6. ________________ is the best movie I've seen so far this year. I have to admit that I haven't seen one. The last movie I saw was Juno, and that was in December.

7. And as for the weekend, I need to regroup. I'm not happy with my lack of creativity right now, even postcards seem a chore that I've decided to set aside for a week or so.

I'm hoping for the easy solution. Could be it's as simple as missing being in my studio during the hot weather, or missing my "pocket" camera (and I'm researching its replacement, definitely have decided to not spend the $140 to get it fixed since I'm pretty sure the problem is in the design and could resurface in another 18 months.) It's been a long time since I've been on an artist date. Could be that I need to see a hypothetical movie (see # 6.) Could be that my internal clock is still set to August, which was the busy, busy time in my former Berea College job.

Anyway, I need time to ponder, to reset the "joy" button, to look around at colors, to muse on little Aaron's birthday coming up so soon and Nora's being so pleased with her little princess container filled with alphabet letters.

I need a time to be like that machine that resurfacs the ice at the hockey games, sweeping away the unevenness and making a smooth playing surface so the action can start again.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I loved your answers to #s 3 and 5 and I hope you find your joy!

Thanks for playing, hope you have fun this weekend :-)