Monday, July 7, 2008

Shaving Cream Painting

Today's postcard

I wanted to try painting fabric using paint and shaving cream - I've read about it in several places. My first love for changing fabric color is dyeing, but it's not a winter activity at my house since my basement is too cool and I'd like a fill-in. This summer I want to try several different ways of painting.

Shaving cream spread on a plastic trash bag and smoothed out -

Some dribbles of fabric paint -

Mixing it up with a plastic fork -


The last steps are laying the fabric on the shaving cream, drying and heat setting the fabric, then giving it a rinse.

I think that next time I'll wait to smooth out the shaving cream until after the dye is dribbled on. Messier, but I want to see what happens.





1 comment:

jen721 said...

That looks pretty cool! I never knew you could paint with shaving cream.