Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Rest of It

Today's postcard

We finished up Sunday with a trip to the Newport Aquarium, where Nora declared herself not scared of the sharks swimming overhead. She still didn't want to pet one in the open tank, though.


The play area has been replaced with the way-better Frog Bog, complete with really striking murals and big climbing frogs.

Near the otters is a sand tray with paint brushes - fun.

After a stop at Golden Corral (thanks, Steph and Mike,) Sarah and I headed for home. In the evening, Bridget fixed a pot of rice for Sarah in the rice cooker - thanks, Bridget.

Monday was a trip to the new IKEA, just 23 miles up the road. Sarah tried to prepare me about how huge and fabulous it would be, but I was still amazed. By the time we were done, I was in visual stimulation overload.

Before we headed for the airport, I covered a hole in the other knee of Sarah's Carhart's so they can go back to work another day.


And now I'm in fun-times withdrawal.




1 comment:

Jane said...

It's so fun to read about all your comings and goings... you are much more consistent blogger than I am a commentator tho', LOL!
So happy you enjoyed your visit!