Sunday, July 20, 2008

Making Postcards With Olivia

Today's postcard. The June/July 2008 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine has an article by Francis Holliday Alford about using Textiva Fusible Film. Just so happens I have a couple of colors and will be experimenting for the next couple of days.

I am really blessed with nice neighbors. Olivia, who lives across the street, came over this afternoon to make a couple of postcards.

She worked hard, and the results were really great. She and her sister are talented young ladies.

Her mom gave me pizza afterwards - really nice. And last week there was peach cobbler. Mmmmm . . . . . . . thanks, Maureen.
In the past couple of days, I've moved my sewing machine and computer on down. It's hot upstairs, and while I could turn up the ac and open the vents upstairs, it seems like an unnecessary use of energy. For now, my dining room is where the action is and I kind of like it that way. Lots of running up and down, but I welcome that.

Last night I gave a ride home to one of the women I work with and she took me to a nearby marina for an appetizer. We sat out by the pond and watched the fountains. There were only a few people but lots of tables - she said that later in the evening there would be music and lots more people. I was really missing my little camera. Even though we weren't that far from the city, we were really in the country. Who knew?


As I'm sitting here writing, it's gotten dark and windy and a storm has kicked up. No watering necessary in the morning. The rain is a welcome relief in a week of hot days. I think I'll go sit on the back porch and enjoy this.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Looks like fun to me... very, very pretty card. Don't you love using new mediums??