Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gratitude

Today's postcard

Yesterday's blog had WAY too much whining, which is ok for one day, but today we're going to look at things I'm grateful for. There're in the garden, which has to tell me something.

Yesterday I started a perennial bed where I can see it outside my dining room window. Next spring there will be something coming up (remember that this spring I looked hopefully but didn't see much.) I took out a prickery barberry bush, never one of my landscaping favorites. And last night it rained hard, by the looks of my plants this morning, although I slept through it all, so the new bed is off to a good, wet start. It's my personal theory, unsupported I'm sure, that rain is better for plants than water out of the faucet, which I'm also grateful for.

This garden angel beside the front steps reminds me of blessings whenever I come home.

If you look closely, you'll see two large tomatoes on this plant.

I love the curvy-ness of these garden stakes - their tomatoes were planted later and should be producing in September.

There's just something about the way geraniums look in a clay plot that is beautiful to me. There may be a postcard in that.

And one thing more - I'm grateful that by adding just a little to a quilt every day, when creativity seems slow, I can suddenly see the beauty and promise in the stitches.
Have a good day, everyone.






1 comment:

Jane said...

Gardening is always an unfinished work in progress! So nice of you to share your photos of how yours is growing. Those tomatoes will be a real treat when the time comes!