Thursday, July 17, 2008

Catch Up

Today's postcard. Yes, it's the same one as last time, updated. It just needed more.

I'm really missing my little camera. There will be more pictures soon.

Tuesday night I was watching Nora and Aaron and we went for a walk. Aaron was happy in the double stroller as long as we were moving, but Nora wanted to walk. We all had a fine time, but about a block from home she tripped over her Crocs and went flying, luckily into the grass by the side of the road, and her knee hit the pavement. She turned around and looked at me and said, "You pushed me." I explained to her that I hadn't pushed her, that she had tripped over her Crocs. She looked at her scraped knee and started wailing. And I learned that, in the hierarchy of preschool injuries, there is the ouchie, the big ouchie, and, biggest of all, the bleeding ouchie. She wailed mightily all the way home, but when I asked Steph today how the knee was, Steph informed me that once Nora got in the tub she forgot all about it.

I am enjoying the routine of summer mornings, although it's cutting into my precious early-morning quilting time. I get out my watering bucket and water the plants that need it, all the while admiring growth that's happened since the day before. And there has always been some. This morning I noticed that the seeds I planted a week ago, cosmos and nastertiums, have sprouted. Those two are among my summer favs. It has taken me a year of being here before I've gotten into gardening, but now I can picture a beautiful yard with lots of flowers and veggies. I'm planning another trip to the garden center today. The garbage truck just came and my big rolling trash cans were emptied of trimmings and I'm planning to fill them up again this morning. And spreading more mulch. And filling up the big planter I got for half-price at the hardware store on Monday.

Thanks to Carrye and Ann for taking me to the meeting of the Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Artists. It was affirming to be with people who are doing the same kind of work that I do. Being with people who wouldn't say, "Your work is so abstract." "That's nice, but I really like traditional quilts." "What would you do with that?" I definitely want to join this group. The Show 'n Tell was fabulous.

Hey, Janice, best wishes for a good recovery after your surgery. I'm thinking about you.

No comments: