A claasic cookbook for many Mennonite families is More With Less, first printed fifty years ago.
One of the events marking the 50 year celebration is Cook Through More-With-Less. Participants signed up to receive a recipe assignment, make the recipe, and send back a photo.
My assignment was Dill Bread, which I'd never made, despite making the oatmeal bread recipe over and over again.
The deadline for sending photos is today, so of course I was making mine last night. It's a savory bread, really good. It took a long time to rise, probably because I added the cottage cheese cold out of the refrigerator. Next time I'll warm it up.

1 comment:
Oh yum!! I've been mulling over making some bread again. It has been years,. That looks like a delicious recipe to try. I will see if I can find the cookbook to purchase. Maybe Thriftbooks will have a used copy. :)
Post a Comment