It's been a long time since I've had pretty marigolds, but this seems to be their year.
Of course they came marked down at the big box store, looking just a little unhappy, but they've thrived in a tub of Miracle Grow potting soil.
I added a couple of day lilies which languished on my back porch all winter. They don't seem to be doing as well as when they sat in their containers on the porch. Maybe they like just plain dirt rather than the good stuff.
There is a new butterfly bush growing happily in the "just plain dirt." I know it might b a little invasive, we'll see. But it's all by itself in a spot where nothing else seems to grow. It's in the back yard, away from the pollinator plants.
If you have concerns about it, Master Gardener Joanne, let me know.

No comments:
Post a Comment