Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Someone's Breakfast

 


I hadn't attempted walking up the hill to the park at the end of the street because it's a really, really steep hill.  Short, as hills go, but really steep.

So yesterday I gave it a try, and it was fine. This paark is just what I call a neighborhood pocket park, although this one does have more space than most.

When I walked around the perimeter I came across these apples scattered around the far edge.  Then I noticed a suspiciously large-sized bite taken out of one and realized that someone must have brought those apples for the deer that roam around the nearby wooded area.  (And roam around the streets and yards.)

And then I realized that the flesh of the bitten apple was white, no rotting at all.  I think that I surely disturbed a deer's breakfast.

Soon I'll have flowers and vegetables and I hope the deer continue having breakfast at the park and not in my yard.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Soon the deer will swim over from the islands and venture into my yard with their babies...
and then the Guinea fowl will show up with their offspring...eating bugs and worms.

Wild Turkey also come to the back yard to eat things. gets very busy here for a few weeks.
Son may or may not enjoy all the wildlife. sigh..
right now I am listening to chain saws taking down trees. Three so far.