Thursday, November 16, 2017

After the Concert



Nora the trombone player and her friend the flute player after their seventh grade band concert last night.

It was an amazing thing, in their newly combined school, to see 125 students in the band.  In October, just two months after first getting together.  Twelve trombones.  And it was nice to see Nora so happy afterwards, when the nerves were quieted.

I was sad yesterday to see that Nancy Zieman had died.  I don't think I ever watched one or her shows, or ordered from her catalog, but I always admired her.  It would have been so easy for her to have said that she couldn't be on tv because the Bells Palsey caused her face to look uneven.  She  may have said that at one point but she had her own show anyway.  And helped many people develop their passion for sewing.

Cold, drizzly weather this week.  Yesterday the leaves came off the trees so fast that it reminded me of snow.  

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I remember watching her on television. She was an excellent teacher.
In more ways than one--right? thank you for mentioning her passing.