Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Orange Improv


These days, I'm making blocks for an orange improv quilt.  It's one of those projects that has been in my work space for . . . several years, actually.  Oh, dear.  I just need it finished.

It's an Elizabeth Hartman design, where you cut up twelve fat quarters and put the pieces in labeled bags, pulling out fabrics so that there is no duplication of fabrics in any one block.  I remember finishing the cutting at a retreat last November but the cutting started long before that.

If I do one block each day, I'll have the piecing finished next week.  Although this has gone on far too long, I do enjoy having various projects in the mix.  There's just something about seeing pretty things in progress, working around them, mixing them in my days.


No comments: