Monday, June 27, 2016

Garden Stake Repair

My neighbor gave me a birthday gift of a solar garden stake with the letter "C" outlined in several bright white bulbs.  She searched all over for one with the right initial and ended up asking her daughter to pick it up at a store in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and her daughter's boyfriend brought it to Cincinnati.

So, you can imagine my dismay when I went to snip off the tag and also snipped through a loop of the fiber optic wire.  I hated to even admit to my neighbor what I'd done.  But, my neighbor and her husband went to work and repaired it and tonight the C is burning brightly.  It's so pretty.

I've been working on my quilt with the Viking Platinum 16 and it really is a dream machine.  My free motion, not so much, always.  There is one section that I'm tempted to rip out but I'm trying to talk myself out of that.

When I was young, I had a terrible time with right and left and for a few designs that comes back to haunt me, after all these years.  I draw out the design and trace it with my finger and try out a sample but sometimes . . . I still have trouble.  Thankfully, most designs don't have that kind of right/left orientation work. 

No comments: