Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Potholders With Birds


Just ignore the quilt in the background and look at the potholders laying on top.  I got the idea from Melody Johnson to use my practice free motion sandwiches for potholders.  They are double thickness with appliqued birds.  I found some nicely reduced striped fabric for binding.    

My family and I went on a President's Day Weekend trip to Asheville to see Sarah and Winnie and we had our usual wonderful time.  And we had our usual eye on the weather.  I don't know what it is about that weekend and bad weather, other than it's the middle of February.  There was a bad snowstorm in Kentucky on Sunday, interstate was closed, but the temperature rose and we drove back through rain on Monday with no problems.  In a few days the temperature here should be in the high 50's for a few days.

I love my neighbors who cleared my sidewalks and steps while I was gone.  No rain here to wash the snow away.  I am lucky.












No comments: