Friday, September 4, 2015

Beginning of the Weekend


It's Friday night, the beginning of the holiday weekend.  In a perfect world, I'd be sitting at the ball park, drinking a draft beer, enjoying the game and looking forward to fireworks at the end with a Grateful Dead soundtrack.

In my imperfect but still quite good world I'm sitting at home, listening to the thunder and thinking that I need to push the leaves off my driveway drain.  Game postponed until tomorrow night.  This isn't a bad thing because I would hate starting the game then having various rain delays.  And now I don't have to water tomorrow, because I've pushed not watering as far as I can.

My beer is a Christian Moerlein Strawberry Pig Cream Ale.  A straggler in my refrigerator.  On the back of the can it says that this beer "pairs particularly well with people, parties, and the thaw of spring."  It needed to be drunk, it's been there for awhile.  Tough job, but someone has to do it.  

No comments: