Monday, November 17, 2014

Looking Out


Snow today, but sunny this afternoon for a few minutes.  I keep hearing that it will be a long winter, and it's certainly started early.

Probably because I have a "big" sewing project, I keep finding other things to do between project tasks.  I think of it as my planning time, but it may be my procrastination time too.

And, it's the strangest things.  Like getting out my Christmas dishes and running them through the dishwasher.  Like clearing out the metal shelves in my office.  They will be going down to the basement, eventually.  Some things that I thought I once needed . . . I don't need any more.

Like making an appointment for an oil change for my car.  That isn't strange, and it's something I wish I'd done last week.  Going to the dealership tomorrow morning when the temperature is supposed to be eleven degrees doesn't make me happy.  Love the heated seats in my car, though.

Like reminding myself what's actually in the bottom of my Hoosier cabinet.  The one that was my grandmother's.  I keep telling myself that I'm not a pack rat, but I really have to work at not being one.

Time to go back to work.  

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

We dragged a badly painted Hoosier home from a garage sale up the street from us in the late 70"s. I removed the paint and cleaned it up--just as the seller came down to visit with seller's remorse. Saw what I had done and didn't have the nerve to beg for it back.
I used it for years and now my daughter has it as the centerpiece of her dining room.

I always wanted Christmas dishes. I know, I know. I have so many sets--and none are Christmas. How that got away from me I will never know. LOL.

But you are reminding me to switch out my dishes. The Petite Fleur can give way to something else. And that means a serious amount of WORK moving EVERYTHING and then PUTTING IT BACK!!!!

Choices are creamy white Manoir or the Polish stuff. Or the Franciscan Apple.