Monday, October 27, 2014

Tree Trail


Yesterday afternoon I went hiking on the Landmark Tree Trail at Tower Park in Fort Thomas.  It is one of my favorite fall hikes here because as the leaves fall off the trees the Ohio River becomes visible.  The trail starts high, goes down toward the river, then comes around and up again.

This will be that fall day to work in the yard, cleaning up beds.  Sunny, temperature around 80.  I might even plant a few petunias, if there is anything left of them.  I bought them a month ago and never did plant them.  They are one of my favorite flowers, too, because they are so pretty yet sturdy.

As the weather gets cooler, I find myself thinking about rearranging things in my house to get ready for winter.  One thing is sure, I need more light in my living room.  And a nice space for the Christmas tree to come.   

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Your writing shows the deep love you have for your family and the joy you feel being with them. I am always in a better mood after reading your family posts. Keep it up!!!