Monday, December 30, 2013

After Christmas Sales


The after-Christmas sales are such happy and optimistic times, planning ahead for eleven months from now, planning to mail the pretty cards on December 1 instead of this year's December 30.

I was the gifted recipient of the tent ornament from just such a sale, and of course I love it.  It goes on the tree with one of the tree lights behind it.  I went back to the Hallmark store today in hopes of buying one for each of my daughters, but they were gone.

It seemed like most things were gone, actually, although I guess it is the fourth post-Christmas day.  A full week plus since the Winter Solstice.

One of my best post-Christmas buys, maybe, came from the GAP outlet store, where I bought two pairs of jeans for $1.99 each, with their zippers broken.  I can easily replace those zippers, and if they fit well with the new zippers installed, then score for me.   

No comments: