Monday, August 29, 2011

Cleopatra

After waiting all summer, several friends and I went to the Cleopatra exhibit at the Museum Center in its last weeks. Although I wished I'd done some ahead-of-time research, the exhibit was amazing. I'll do some afterwards research about Cleopatra and her time. No photos were allowed inside, not a surprise - this picture was from a poster outside the exhibit. My favorites were the huge statues and the jewelry - I bet almost everyone says that.






I've been doing some after-workshop fine line piecing and find that I enjoy the zen-ness of it. Stitch, flip, stitch. Stitch, flip, stitch. By accident, because I didn't want to take it off, I've found that using a walking foot works really well for me in this kind of piecing.



I'm thinking that maybe two more lines will finish this piece, then I'll quilt it and use it to make some bags. I'm thinking straight line quilting in aqua.








No comments: