Sunday, September 26, 2010

One

I meant to drive by the light-up billboard tonight to make sure it's really true - the Reds magic number for clinching their division is one. I forgot to drive by, but I know it's true anyway. It's been a long time coming - September hasn't been kind to the Reds. Luckily, it hasn't been kind to the Cardinals either.
This is a Martha Pullen work project. My co-worker said I'd enjoy this one, that it was just my style, but really, it isn't. Maybe a year ago. I am so over the stippling, time to move on to other kinds of free motion.


I got up early this morning to prepare bowls of fruit for a "feast" after the church service to conclude the current series. Red and green grapes and peeled clementines. On some level, I enjoy feeding people, like the preparation, even though I rarely do it any more. Pizza to Steph's house, maybe, or a mix cake to thank the neighbors for taking in my mail. I did make a really good vegetarian meat loaf this week since I really enjoyed the one at Mt. LeConte.

Walked to the fabric store this afternoon - just short of two miles round trip. Much of the return trip is up hill. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking . . . maybe this year I'll do the Thanksgiving 10K. Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be very fitting if they clinch tonight...on the year & a half anniversary of my Mom's passing. How bout you?
Let's hope those Cards loose!


BK

Anonymous said...

Ha! I meant LOSE not loose!