Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday Fill-In # 177

Once again, Friday Fill-Ins on Saturday. Still fun.

1. A win by the Cincinnati Reds always makes me smile. Whether they're up in the league or down, a win is always happy. I can remember my mother- and father-in-law listening to the Reds, sitting on their screened-in porch in the evenings. Even though they were living in Detroit, they followed the Reds because they lived in Sarasota during the winter.

2. I'm looking forward to watching the fireflies at Elkmont really soon. And camping beside the Little River, sleeping soundly with the river roaring in the background.

3. Faint traffic sound from 471 is what I'm listening to right now. And the clicking of the keyboard. Soon to be the clicking of the spoon in my Cherrios.

4. Potato salad must have potatoes in it. And lots of eggs and the light version of Hellman's mayonnaise. Not many onions.

5. Salad was the best thing I ate on Friday. With organic lettuce and add-ins from the salad bar. Light honey mustard dressing.

6. Today was a busy day because I was teaching a class. The last couple of hours just flew by. I'm happy because we got done everything we were supposed to cover, plus a few extras.

7. And as for the weekend, Friday night I took a walk, today I'm looking forward to shopping for a baby shower gift after work plus picking up some special paper and pens for church, and Sunday I plan to be busy all day, then enjoy Journey Group at the end of it - hope I don't forget any of the things I'm supposed to do. I have a list.

Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: