Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 137

Here are my Friday Fill-Ins.

1. When will civility, peace, and justice prevail? And how can I help make that happen?

2. The Girls from Ames is the last good book I read or movie I saw or tv show I watched. It's a book, bet no one's surprised about that, although I loved seeing Julie and Julia earlier this week. The back cover says "From the coauthor of The Last Lecture comes a moving tribute to female friendships, with the inspiring true story of eleven girls and the ten women they became." Good read.

3. Everything has its beauty but I have to really think hard to find beauty in most rodents. Speaking of which, my neighbor across the street told me last night that the squirrels are taking my tomatoes and running to his yard with them. I wondered where they were going.

4. A bowl of cereal is what I had for dinner. So far. There may be more.

5. I'd like your opinion about how we can solve the health care issue. That's hard, though. OK, I'd like your opinion about which Cincinnati chili is the best.

6. Right here is where I want to be right now. I'm usually pretty happy wherever I am. But if I had two wishes . . . can't get Grandfather Mountain out of my mind since I read Helen's facebook post.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing my handout for tomorrow's class, tomorrow my plans include dinner with Aaron after work - he's big enough for my car seat and I think he'll enjoy riding in Gran B's truck, and Sunday I want to piece Aaron's Noah's Ark quilt.

No comments: