Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Up Off the Floor

At last, after four months, the little redwork teddy bear quilt is finished and is off the floor.
Now it will be packed carefully away (but not so carefully that I can't remember where I put it - got to guard against that) until mid November, when it will be admired by me, then wrapped and sent away to its new owner.

In the spirit of Christmas, my April squirrel-away project will be potholders. I tried this mindless in-the-hoop embroidery to get me going and am relatively pleased.

And what's this bit of blue-and-white fluff that was so puffy the auto-focus couldn't close in?

It's a bride's garter, made with much lace and blue ribbon. If you're thinking it surely is a work sample, you'd surely be right.


1 comment:

Vicki W said...

The redwork quilt is beatuiful! I also love the potholders. I've got potholders on the brain too and hope to make some this weekend. Mine will not be fancy embroidered ones!