Thursday, March 12, 2009

March cold

It's cold again, but not SO cold this time. Just that disappointing March cold after the temperature was in the 70's just two days ago.

I went to see The Reader this afternoon, and you were right, Sarah, it's a wonderful movie. It's easy to see why Kate Winslet got the Oscar for her role. I re-learned that there's no charge for parking in the Levee parking garage between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday. I read awhile back that it's to encourage people to come in for lunch, but it works for me.


I did finish taking in the pants for Steph and Sarah. The biggest thing is just taking out the belt loops and the previous stitching. After that, it's a fast finish. And I did finish this pillow earlier in the week.


I started it out on the big hoop but did something wrong when I turned the hoop - I'm not sure just what. Anyway it started stitching in the wrong place for the second half. I put it aside and top-stitched on some borders very close to the first half stitching. I'm happy with it, even thought the embroidery was supposed to be twice as big.



No comments: