Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Monster at the End of This Book

Tonight I read "The Monster at the End of This Book" to Nora. Three times. Aaron sat there too, probably less impressed by the humor and more impressed with the vocal inflections. It's not a new book, it goes back to when Steph and Sarah were small and loved it the way Nora does now. She loves it enough to laugh, and to tell Grover that there really isn't a monster at the end of the book. I'm not sure it's still in print, but it should be.

When I stopped at their house after work, Nora was wearing a sparkly red ballet dress and Aaron had khaki shorts. I noted numerous times throughout the evening how long their legs had grown since October. Nora declined having her picture taken today, but I did get this photo of Aaron with a red cowboy hat just before bedtime.

Aaron is talking in short sentences, usually beginning with "I." "I taste this." "I touch this." "I see you." His vocabulary is growing every day, and he enjoys sitting down with a book, happily proclaiming "the end" when it's finished. I'm amazed how he will cooperate with Mike, getting his antibiotic, his ear drops, and his breathing treatment without fuss. Well, maybe a little fuss for the breathing treatment, but very little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see Aaron is getting well - again! I look forward to when I get to see him & Nora.
Janice

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

oh i remember this book!!! loved it! i swear i remember reading it to camden at one point, too...but that could be wrong. i've been watching kids my whole life, so it might have been a cousin or someone else. maybe my mom still has it? i'll have to find out. great book!!