Thursday, March 12, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 115

Time for Friday Fill-ins - I've started working on them Thursday evenings and am enjoying that change. As usual, answers are in bold.

1. When I look to the left I see the darkness outside my living room window. I'm thinking about making some curtains to soften things up a little and make the room more cheery at night, even have the pattern, but getting the pattern is the easy part. When I look left next to my computer, I see my new book Creative Awakenings: Envisioning the Life of Your Dreams Through Art by Sheri Gaylor. I couldn't resist getting it. On page 41, it says, "Balance - to me, it's about being centered and rooted, so that choices can be clearly seen and understood, and decisions can be made with awareness, understanding, and compassion." I know I'm gonna love this book.

2. My office upstairs is the room that has the best view in my home. It's only a tiny view, and it's only in the winter, but I can see twinkling lights from the waterfront area. At first I thought it was Cincinnati, but I've decided that it's probably Covington, KY.

3. Let it work out that my garden is lovely this summer. I can see the parsley poking out but I'm not sure yet about the rosemary, and that's my favorite. I really love to have a herb garden, it seems like the most wonderful luxury. I want to plant some lavender this summer, it's something I rarely have luck with but always try.

4. Hardly anything is done dirt cheap!

5. Caring for the environment is a responsibility that every qualified citizen must share if we expect to continue living on our planet. I'm so happy that Nora knows what goes into the recycling and has for ages. Teaching our little ones is so important.

6. If you have any free time feel free to suggest that we go on a small adventure. I'm very grateful to be a solid "P" on the Myers Briggs and I'll gladly put aside an unfinished project to go with you.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to nothing special, really, maybe working with my software, tomorrow my plans include working, then starting my tomato plants, and Sunday I want to go to Lowe's with Patti to pick up her grill, then see her new apartment. After that I think I'll plant some lettuce in the planter on my porch. It's sunny enough that it should be happy there and the planter doesn't require any cultivating.

Happy Friday, everyone.

6 comments:

Janet said...

I love your answer to #6 :-) If I lived closer...

And rosemary is my favorite herb! Good luck :-)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great answers! I love how you always have lots to say!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Tomato plants! *gasp* Can it be that winter may actually be over soon? I'm going to get my carrots and radishes in the ground on the next nice day. Being roots, they'll be fine if we have another freeze. But tomato plants... *drooling* and Indiana ones at that! It won't come soon enough!

Throw Poo at the Birthday Girl! is my Fill-in :-D

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your #4 and #5 is so true! Good luck with your herb garden. I had some lavender a few years ago. I smells heavenly! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Paula said...

Your writing is beautiful...

Taylor said...

It's great that the weather is warming up enough to get out and start a vegetable garden. Now let's hope you get enough rain this year for it to survive.