Thursday, March 5, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 114

Happy Friday, everyone. Here are the Friday Fill-ins, with answers in bold.

1. Saying a quick prayer for the safety of the driver who cut my off yesterday was my last act of random kindness.

2. Another place I love is St. Teresa's Textile Trove in Cincinnati. There are gorgeous beads, African prints, a huge selection of buttons, and an eclectic collection of fabrics. It's been way too long since I've been there.

3. Kindness in matters of the heart, as in all things. A Russian proverb says, "A kind word is like a spring day." Nice to think about this time of the year.

4. Coffee, tea, or Diet Coke are what I'll be offering to the Friday coffee group at work. That and the cookies I just made. From refrigerated cookie dough, of course.

5. Robert Frost wrote about separate paths in "The Road Not Taken."
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

6. Our keeping in touch with each other reminds me that there is a gentle network of friends who support us throughout our lives.

And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to starting a linen Easter apron (you can find the directions for both sewing and embroidery on the Husqvarna Viking website - I'm way late in the game, but I've fallen in love with linen for sewing projects,) tomorrow my plans include a day off, oh, my gosh, a Saturday off, to babysit Aaron in the morning and to maybe do some catch-up on my quilting class, and Sunday I want to join in the discussion and lunch after church because I think that the facilitator is someone I grew up with long ago in Bluffton, Ohio.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that robert frost poem has always been my fav.

Anonymous said...

your number one is something. thanks for visiting. have a good weekend!

MaR said...

What lovely quotes in your FFI!!
Enjoy your weekend, the linen Easter apron sounds like a wonderful project.

http://maremag.blogspot.com/2009/02/fun-friday.html

Karen Harrington said...

I love that you included Robert Frost. Lovely! And wouldn't it be a better world if we all said prayers for drivers on the road like that? :)