Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things I'm Loving Tonight

It's 70 degrees at 10 p.m., with a good chance of rain before morning for the onions, peas, spinach, and herbs I've planted. I'm loving this weather, and here are other things I'm loving tonight.

This little applique bear on orange canvas has a yellow nylon raincoat and hat. I'm thinking about doing a small-sized bag with the bear on the front pocket.

I'm loving the stippling stitch around the quilt square with redwork. I've done lots of free motion stippling but never really used the machine stitch. I'm impressed with how good it looks with the red outlined embroidery.

My tomato seedings started their life under the grow lights today. They will probably stay under the lights until the last week in April, when they will harden off on the back porch. I'm looking forward to sharing a few of the plants with Nora.

And I'm loving the Bath and Body Works soap that Steph gave me tonight. Most of the time I can smell very little, but this is a good time and I can smell just a little. When that happens I make a point of smelling the good things I enjoy, storing up the scents in my mind for when my sense of smell fades again. It's all related to how congested I am. Not a big deal, as things go, but I'm loving the warm vanilla sugar scent tonight.






No comments: