Monday, March 9, 2009

Turn Around

Tonight was the monthly meeting of CQAFA, Cincinnati's Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Artists group. I love that group, and the show 'n tell is always a highlight of the meeting. Tonight was no exception, with wonderful exuberant pieces of art. Most of the people who brought things brought more than one. There was quilting, of course, and some gorgeous examples of felting done at a workshop.

What have I done lately? An embroidery done well on a thick hand towel and a linen napkin with sweet scallops, well executed.

The linen Easter apron, with machine embroidered rabbits parading across the bottom, the three embroidery sets lined up, and a nice curvy Madera border done with water soluble thread.

The apron also has good wing needle work

good use of basic software, and a pretty bias binding.

Now granted I was working toward samples for a presentation, but still - this is nice work but exuberant it isn't. And you'd better believe it didn't go to show 'n tell.
This isn't good. I can tell myself that I am learning skills that will enhance my quilting, and that's probably true, but I need to turn my vehicle around and go back in the direction I was coming from. Tomorrow. After I make just one more sample.



No comments: